Wednesday 25 November 2009

25th November '09


We spent time just walking the beach, throwing rocks at the sea and so on.

What is it about throwing rocks at the sea? What is is about? Throwing rocks at the sea?




After organising a time to reconvene, we ventured on our own to different sections of the beach to write some text.

We read our texts to eachother with the sea as a backdrop. Izzy's poem was effective. He spoke about a struggle, kicking and fighting while he himself was fighting against the wind.

I spent my time looking at the texture of the sand, the way it changed (constantly changing). Smoothness and shine (iridescent), rough and matt. I looked at the colours, the pastels of the sand and the sea. There was nothing garish about this place.



I wanted to capture the smooth ripples of the sand.



I wanted to capture the softness of the water and the fierceness of the waves. The foamy edge coming towards then the the smooth layer dragging backwards.


Rust

With these images in mind I will return to the studio and try to funnel them into creating a moments in the space. I am keen to look into using video projection and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment